The Student Alumni Council (SAC) is a registered student organization open to all undergraduate and graduate students at SIU. Through cooperative efforts with the Association and the University, SAC helps to promote the excellence of Southern Illinois University Carbondale, while also providing positive educational opportunities and a wide variety of social events.
What We Do
- Enhance each member’s college experience
- Bring students and alumni together
- Engage students with the SIU Alumni Association
- Prepare members for success after graduation
- Provide leadership training opportunities
- Recognize fellow student’s contributions to SIU
- Promote pride in and a lifelong connection to SIU
- Perform service to SIU Carbondale
- Participate in community service projects
- Partner with the Saluki Volunteer Corp
SIU is a community of some 18,000 students and hundreds of faculty and staff. In this kind of environment, it is easy to blend into the crowd and get lost. It is important for students, even continuing ones, to build a network of relationships with people in the SIU community to help sort through things and places, to make the road to graduation a little easier and to create opportunities after graduation.