Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of our most Frequently Asked Questions.
If you do not see an answer to your question here, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (618) 453-2408, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- When can I join the SIU Alumni Association?
- How much does it cost to become a member?
- Can SIU Faculty and Staff membership dues be deducted from payroll?
- How does the Association use my membership dues?
- Does my membership support current SIU students?
- Are my dues tax deductible?
- I receive the September issue of SIU Alumni each year, so I must be a member.
- As an Association member, why am I receiving calls from the university asking me to donate?
- Does a donation to the SIU Annual Fund also make me a member of the SIU Alumni Association?
- Does the SIU Alumni Association Credit card have any ties to membership?
- Why do I need a Username and Password for the Association’s website?
- How do I get a refund for a paid event that I recently registered for but am not able to attend?
How do I join the Association?
The Association’s online membership application is always open and is the easiest way to get your membership started.
You can also call us during regular business hours at (618) 453-2408, and we’ll get you registered over the phone.
We can send you a membership brochure and application by mail. Just fill out the application with your chosen method of payment, and mail it back to us in the provided Business Reply Envelope.