SIU Alumni Oral History Project
Share YOUR stories with Salukis everywhere! The SIU Alumni Association has partnered with Publishing Concepts, Inc. to collect stories from alumni to create a unique oral history archive.
The publication will unite SIU alumni across generations, careers, geography, and life experiences. By sharing memories of how your SIU degree has impacted you, you’ll ensure that the rich history of Southern Illinois University Carbondale will be preserved for the future.
- 1. I received an email/postcard/phone call from a company asking for my personal information and a story about SIU. Tell me more about the project.
- 2. Does SIU Alumni Association benefit from this at all?
- 3. How do I know my information will only be used for Oral History Project purposes?
- 5. How can I participate if I am Deaf/Hard of Hearing?
- 6. Can I choose what information prints in the publication?
- 9. Can anyone purchase a book?
- 10. I ordered a book / package over the phone and would like to cancel my order. How do I do this?
Publishing Concepts Inc. partners with academic institutions and service organizations to engage alumni and members to update records and collect stories.
Both large state universities and small private colleges across the country have partnered with PCI on projects that gather data, collect stories, and assist in philanthropy.
To date, PCI has helped more than 300 colleges and universities reconnect with alumni through the Oral History Project. The goal of these projects is to capture the stories and memories of alumni, preserving them before they are gone.
Get in Touch
P.O. Box 809107 Dallas, TX 75380-9107